This may seem ridiculous, but I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to add the zenburn color scheme to my terminal program, iTerm. Since I had trouble doing it, and it turned out to be way easier than any of my internet searching suggested, I figured I’d chronicle it here. Hopefully it’ll save someone else some time.
Searching for how to add zenburn produced a whole lot of results telling me to add one script or another to one of the various dot files for bash. I agonized over how to add it correctly, and when I did, why it didn’t actually affect anything. Then, I asked a friend. Turns out, the answer is this:
- Go to the iTerm 2 Color Scheme repo on Github
- Click, “Clone in Desktop” and save the file somewhere
- Open iTerm’s preferences, and choose the “Colors” tab
- Choose “Import…” from the drop down at the bottom that says “Load Presets”
- Choose the file from wherever you saved it
- Enjoy your new color scheme
Hope I saved you some time!